Like every year, we've again donated according to our motto 1% For The Good
We believe that companies, too, have a social responsibility for people and the environment. In addition to the unavoidable tax payments, we want to make more targeted contribution to support specific organizations. That's why we are proud to be a member of the international movement Pledge 1%.
We call our commitment 1% For The Good.
Since many years, we estimate our annual sales at the end of November and then donate 1% to selected non-profit organizations. This year we have chosen the following organizations*:
- Förderkreis krebskranke Kinder e.V. Stuttgart - this association has been supporting children with cancer and their families during the treatment period and afterwards in the form of advice centers, family funds or accommodation since 1982
- Olgäle Foundation - This foundation for sick children has set itself the task of helping sick children and their parents at the Olgahospital Children's Hospital in Stuttgart, Germany, called the “Olgäle”.
- Doctors of the World - an international organization that provides emergency aid and development aid worldwide. They see their main task in supporting vulnerable population groups in crisis situations.
- Jane Goodall Institute - This is an international animal and conservation organization that seeks to improve the treatment and understanding of primates and protect their habitats.
- WWF - whose mission is to stop the global destruction of nature and the environment and to shape a future in which people and nature live in harmony with one another.
- Four Paws - for a world in which people treat animals with respect, compassion and understanding. Abuses are recognized and animals in need are rescued and protected.
- Aktion Kinderschutz (Action for Child Protection) - This local association has been committed to preventing and clarifying abuse and violence against children for many years.
- Electronic Frontier Foundation - is a non-governmental organization in the United States that advocates for fundamental rights in the information age.
We also generally make all our software products available free of charge to recognized non-profit organizations.
You can find out more about the Pledge 1% initiative at https://pledge1percent.org
* Note that while we link to the international organisations where applicable, our donations might go to their branches in Germany.