S/Notify 3.6.0 has just been released for Jira and Confluence – and S/Notify 1.1.0 is available for Bitbucket, too!
New features and improvements
The new versions come with many new features and improvements, thanks to ideas and wishes from our customers.
- a link to the original Jira issue or Confluence page can now be included in the problem report
- password reset emails can be generally exempt from encryption
- the built-in problem report can be replaced by your custom message contents (via Advanced Settings)
- support for incoming PGP/inline encrypted emails can be enabled (Advanced Settings - please read the docs before you use this feature)
- improved support for some problematic PKCS#12 server key stores
- improved matching and error logging for S/MIME server certificates
- more tolerant parsing of line breaks in PGP ASCII keys
- Jira: improved PGP signature check
- Jira: more specific error indicator symbols for incoming emails
- improved check for matching versions between GUI app and mailer library
- Verify Settings now always also flushes cache to avoid confusion
- updated cryptographic library to BouncyCastle 1.7.0 with several fixes and improvements
- Jira: support for display name in server email address
- added direct help link to Extended Settings
- improved and corrected some texts on the administration pages
Not all of the above improvements apply to S/Notify for Bitbucket 1.1.0, because it currently doesn’t support all of the features that S/Notify for Jira and Confluence offer. Please make sure to let us know if you want to use S/Notify for Bitbucket, and there’s anything that you miss!
We’ve also fixed smaller internal issues that we’ve stumbled upon. These are the ones you might be noticing:
- Jira: PGP encryption failure adds proper error indicator symbol to incoming emails
- Jira: PGP signature check always finds matching user key